Bicentennial Historical Walk
Along the Trolley Tracks
Sunday, May 20, 2007 at
Image Courtesy Quassy Amusement Park
began at the Little League field across from Quassy and
ended at the "parklet" across from the Fire Station.
George Frantzis described the trolley station at Lake Quassapaug.
talked about the trolley stop at the former Bissell Store and Blacksmith
Shop (now Perrotti's Pizza).
Robin Fenn and Robert Rafford told stories about the trolley line in
1910 as it went along Route 64.
Thomas Proulx gave some history of the trolley and the first fire
Robin Fenn tells stories about the trolley when it operated
along Route 64 and Brookdale Farm.
Photo courtesy Robert Rafford
Copyright (c) 2007 Town of Middlebury Connecticut Bicentennial Committee
Products using the words "Middlebury Bicentennial" or using
the Middlebury Bicentennial Logo
licensed by the Town of Middlebury Connecticut Bicentennial Committee